Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: RIC VIII rarity  (Read 108 times)

Offline Flav V

• Caesar
RIC VIII rarity
« on: February 07, 2024, 10:28:53 am »
Hello,

I search for the RIC 132 (Antioch) rarity. It is noted C4 and i would like to know what is the exact rarity noted. Where is the table content for this, i dont find?

Offline mauseus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Ah Allectus, my trusted friend.......
    • Later Roman Coinage
Re: RIC VIII rarity
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 11:08:54 am »
Hi,

The explanation in the introductory text (page ix) is that it is not a 'rarity' index but rather a 'frequency' index. Seem a bit semantic those descriptions, however the author does go on to say that there are not hard and fast frequencies set against each rating in this volume.

Hope that helps.

Rich

Offline Flav V

• Caesar
Re: RIC VIII rarity
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 12:21:04 pm »
Thanks

All coins are guaranteed for eternity