Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Coin Hoards Volume 9 published by Royal Numismatic Socity  (Read 464 times)

Offline PtolemAE

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • PtolemyBronze.com
    • The PtolemAE Project - Ptolemaic Bronzes
Coin Hoards Volume 9 published by Royal Numismatic Socity
« on: July 28, 2023, 09:31:08 pm »
Interested to read up on a hoard of 255 Carthaginian coins published by Catharine Lorber in Coin Hoards 9.

Thank you.

PtolemAE

Kent F

Re: Coin Hoards Volume 9 published by Royal Numismatic Socity
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 11:43:20 pm »
I referred to the state of my collection as modest since it had a relatively low number of coins. But the keen eye of the collector is pleased! Meepzorp, a wonderful and uncommon 1/16 shekel with towers, I just recently auctioned the identical one, so it's likely going to be another week or two before I show it out.
[SPAM LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN]

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2023, 12:00:47 pm »
Another SPAMMER banned.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • Meepzorp's Ancient Coins
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2023, 04:12:53 pm »
Another SPAMMER banned.

Hi Joe and folks,

This is getting ridiculous. Lately, it has been happening every day.

Kent made it so obvious that he (or "it") is a spammer. He/it simply copied text from a different topic (Robert's topic regarding Phoenician coins) in this section of Forum.

Notice to all Forum members: If you see an odd or strange post, especially from a new Forum member, please report it to Joe and/or the moderators.

Meepzorp

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2023, 07:36:45 pm »
We have always had a lot of these SPAM posts. What they want is to add a link. More links makes a higher google search result. The only thing that has changed is they are being more amusing with what they write. In the past I have just deleted them and they usually lasted only minutes or hours. These last three SPAM posts I saved because they are a little bit fun to read.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2023, 01:37:31 am »
It also looks like AI. My experiments with AI have resulted is mostly stuff that reminds me of the non-native English speaker writing articles designed only for key words back in the day. Of course, it could also be non-AI from someone in another country hired to spam Forums.

Virgil

Offline PtolemAE

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • PtolemyBronze.com
    • The PtolemAE Project - Ptolemaic Bronzes
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2023, 05:12:32 pm »
Quote from: PtolemAE on July 28, 2023, 09:31:08 pm
Interested to read up on a hoard of 255 Carthaginian coins published by Catharine Lorber in Coin Hoards 9.

Thank you.

PtolemAE

UPDATE - The issue is now moot as the relevant paper is in hand, courtesy of its author. This entire thread can be removed if it will help at all to end a spam episode.
PtolemAE

All coins are guaranteed for eternity