Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Antioch Pisidia  (Read 585 times)

Offline AlfaOmega

• Consul
Antioch Pisidia
« on: February 03, 2022, 11:24:29 am »
Hi,
 this ae 22 of Antioch Pisidia in my opinion is the emperor Septimius Severus.
The reverse with the God Men, quite usual for this city.
The reverse legend should be ANTIOCH COLONIAE, but this coin does not seem to me to have this type of legend.
 I couldn't find anything that looks like the letters on the right side of the reverse.
I would read ANTIOCH CAES COLO, but I'm not at all sure.
Thanks for the suggestions.
 Roberto

Offline shanxi

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My gallery
Re: Antioch Pisidia
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 11:46:27 am »
ISEGRIM lists also "ANTIOCH MESIS COL CA" as reverse legend

Obv.: IMP CAE SEP PERX, PORTRAIT MAN - SEPT SEVERUS LAUREL WREATH / CLOTHES            
Rev.: ANTIOCH MESIS COL CA,   MAN STANDING HR -MEN, BIRD COCK LE AT FOOT - FOOT ON BUCRANIUM / SCEPTRE / PHRYGIAN CAP / CRESCENT / NIKE WITH TROPHY         
KRZYZANOWSKA S146,SEV11.13(1) / BERLIN(1)   6.34(1)               

Offline AlfaOmega

• Consul
Re: Antioch Pisidia
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 12:50:22 pm »
Thank you so much
 Roberto

All coins are guaranteed for eternity