Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Quietus coins classification  (Read 505 times)

Offline Flav V

• Caesar
Quietus coins classification
« on: September 18, 2019, 03:35:32 am »
Hello,

It is online, all coins of Quietus here: https://www.all-your-coins.com/en/emperors/romaines-imperiales/i-er-iii-eme-siecle/quietus-372

All marks listed and the two victoria types are here. With explanations about the RIC error... ref: AYC # 12 and the one below.

Offline curtislclay

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re: Quietus coins classification
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 10:40:40 am »
You could improve your catalogue by including references to Göbl, Moneta Imp. Romani 36, 43, 44, Vienna 2000, Table 52, Plates 124-5, where the author tabulates and illustrates every Quietus and Macrianus variety known to him, including the Victory on globe type, his 1745g (3 spec.).
Curtis Clay

Offline Flav V

• Caesar
Re: Quietus coins classification
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 04:39:42 am »
Thank you , i dont have the göbl. Ill try to obtain those plates. Im correcting my comment on my website with the reference you said, for the Victoria.

My work is 100% my work, i mean that i search by myself and after it, i look on books if there was some other coins i didnt listed. If there is no photo, i only add a comment and reference. I do this because, if some coins dnt exist and are listed by error, it is interesting to have a database with photos. All coins on my website are existing. Even some coins has no photos because i dont have the copyright, i have a very and even extremly large collection of files with all photos of all emperors listed, on my computer.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity