Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: AVRELIANVS not in Wildwinds?  (Read 159 times)

Offline Nathaniel N2

• Consul
  • A Lover of History and Art
AVRELIANVS not in Wildwinds?
« on: September 28, 2022, 02:28:02 pm »
I recently purchased some uncleaned coins from Noble Roman Coins. Among them was a large antoninianus with silvering mostly intact. I'm still working on the cleaning process but thought I might be able to identify it as it is now.

Obverse reads [IMP] AVRELIANVS AVG
Reverse reads *MIL ITVM
The mint however is a C Star. Looking on Wildwinds, I find 3 coins with a C Star mint. None of them have the MILITVM Legend or even a similar reverse. Searches on OCRE have been similarly fruitless.
https://www.wildwinds.com/coins/ric/aurelian/RIC_0342.jpg

I have to say, I'm a little excited. I hope it is a rare coin but before I go to far I think its good to hear what others have to say. At the very least, I am super excited to have a nicely silvered AVRELIANUS coin.
Looking for more underpriced uncleaned coins. Let me know if you find them.

Offline shanxi

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My gallery
Re: AVRELIANVS not in Wildwinds?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 02:38:43 pm »

Offline AMICTUS

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 02:38:59 pm »
Probably listed in RIC Temp.

Offline Nathaniel N2

• Consul
  • A Lover of History and Art
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2022, 02:45:45 pm »
That matches up pretty perfectly! Glad to have the ID.
Looking for more underpriced uncleaned coins. Let me know if you find them.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity