Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Coin case and trays, an help request for german members  (Read 6475 times)

Offline antesignanvm

• Consul
  • I REALLY love this forum!
Coin case and trays, an help request for german members
« on: January 18, 2013, 12:59:03 pm »
Hi all,
I'm desperately looking for coin trays for this kind of coin box/case. It was bought from my father when I was a child in germany in 80's and I always find completed case sold on ebay but I'm unable to find the manufacturer to buy the trays. For what I noticed is quiet popular in germany so maybe someone may help me.
in attachment a pic if the coin case like mine.

thanks in advance to you all.

---In front of the insigna---

Offline areich

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
Re: Coin case and trays, an help request for german members
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 01:05:01 pm »
Can you give the measurements for the trays? Is there any other writing anywhere to indicate the maker?
Andreas Reich

Offline antesignanvm

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 01:09:36 pm »
Hi Areich,
thanks for your reply. no other writing at all, only "MUNZEN" on the top, actually there are 3 coin case like this on ebay.de.
measures of the tray are 220mm X 148mm X 9mm (height).

for me is really important to find them. thank you.
G

Offline tjaart

• Consul
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 07:44:10 am »
That looks a lot like the trays made by Lindner. A quick google or look on ebay should give you a few examples.

Tjaart

Offline antesignanvm

• Consul
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 03:26:21 am »
I have tried to google  but nothing :(

however this seller on ebay has the same coin case with new additional eneveloped trays with tag! I tried to write him but it seems doens't speak english very well.
If possible some in germana may write him/her asking about the code/manufacturer/ etc etc on the tag? Seems the smaller trays are for my coin case that is the same red present in the auction.

[BROKEN LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN]

Offline HELEN S

• Caesar
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 03:33:38 am »
Here is a link to many trays i hope this helps

https://tinyurl.com/skgvvfh

Offline Andrew McCabe

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My website on Roman Republican Coins and Books, with 2000 coins arranged per Crawford
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 03:37:38 am »
Your trays appear to be plastic with flock coating. Perhaps another possibility is to consider upgrading to the Abafil system, with wood and leather style trays with velvet cloth? Since you are thinking of spending money on red trays anyway, this may be an upgrade opportunity.

Abafil deluxe trays have multiple advantages over other systems, with recesses that are generally deeper and thus better accommodate thick tetradrachms and bronzes, and with padded undersides preventing damage to the coins below. They also come double-depth for extremely thick coins as an option. And they look stunning.

Offline Jochen

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Omnes vulnerant, ultima necat.
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 04:31:09 am »
Hi antesignanvm!

According to one of the labels on your trays they are made by AULFES. Search on Google for "Aulfes Münzkassette". You should get some results.

Best regards

Offline antesignanvm

• Consul
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 04:53:06 am »
DANKEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally I have found the manufacture!!!!!!!!!! Really thanks Jochen, I had two of this coin case but with few trays, this was a present from my father before he died when I was a child so I did want to continue to use them.
Now I'll buy the trays.

thank you all for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

Offline HELEN S

• Caesar
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 05:18:57 am »

yep jochen must have X RAY eyes like superman as i have blown up the photo of your trays and alas cannot see a maker WELL DONE jochen i only wish i had your capability     +++ +++ another happy forum member

Offline Britannicus

• Consul
  • Sapere aude.
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 12:04:06 am »
And they look stunning.

Andrew,

Thank you for sharing the photo of your coins in the Abafil trays. Quite a stunning display!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity