Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: DiviSeries web updated  (Read 80 times)

Offline qblay

• Praetorian
DiviSeries web updated
« on: February 10, 2024, 05:14:50 am »
Hello everybody,
I just want to inform you that after many years I have decided to renew my website dedicated to Decius' DiviSeries. www.qblay.com
It is not an aesthetic renewal, but one of content.
Basically the changes have been:
Bibliography, references that I initially neglected and that I have now incorporated.
Starting with just over 1,000 registered coins, the goal was to reach 2,000 to see if the hypotheses held up. Now with almost 3,000 coins the estimates have been confirmed and allow us to open new lines of research that I point out: volume estimation for issues close to the Divi, such as the Antoninians of Decius or studies on the deterioration of the dies in the mint.
Make the software and methodology available to whoever needs it to begin studies on dies and die-links. The software is easy to adapt to any series, you can see how it has been applied to the Double Sesterces of Decius or his aureus. A couple of researchers have already asked me for it and I hope it can be useful to them. In any case, you can count on my support for adaptations.
Featuring the largest linked die tree to date, with over 2,600 linked coins, including 95% of Divi series coins; with the conclusions that this implies.
Include a page of fake parts detected to date.
I hope you like it and if you see anything that could improve it, tell me.

Greetings
Joaquim Blay

Offline Lech Stępniewski

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • NOT IN RIC
Re: DiviSeries web updated
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 07:06:56 am »
Great study! Cataloguing all dies (not only types) is the future of numismatics.
Lech Stępniewski
NOT IN RIC
Poland

All coins are guaranteed for eternity