Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Byzantine Seal of Antiochites or Antiochos ? 7th Century? 21mm 12.11g  (Read 450 times)

Offline pogh_poor

• Caesar
  • I love this forum!
I am working on identifying an interesting Byzantine seal.  It measures 21 mm and weighs 12.11g.On the obverse is the bust of what the dealer called a "prelate saint."  
On the reverse is cruciform monogram with  :Greek_Pi:  :Greek_Tau: :Greek_Omicron: :Greek_Upsilon_2: :Greek_Nu: :Csquare: :Greek_Iota: :A3: :Greek_Chi:

Could this solve Antiochites or Antiochos ? Does anyone recognize the saint?  7th Century?  Any help would be appreciated!  Pogh_poor
All passes, Art alone Enduring stays to us; The Bust out-lasts the throne,-- The coin, Tiberius.

Offline Gert

• Procurator Monetae
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • My Vcoins store
Re: Byzantine Seal of Antiochites or Antiochos ? 7th Century? 21mm 12.11g
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 04:49:40 am »
Not just those names, there's also Pi to account for.
Gert

All coins are guaranteed for eternity