Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: An Xmas gift from Helvetica: The Coinage of Kilbiani (English)  (Read 833 times)

Offline helvetica

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Helvetia Libera Deo Gratia
    • ID Help pages + RIC lists + www.wildwinds.com
An Xmas gift from Helvetica: The Coinage of Kilbiani (English)
« on: December 17, 2011, 08:31:28 pm »
Dear All
Here is a link to my little Christmas present to all you collectors who either already have a coin of Cilbiani in your collection or may, with some luck, buy one or come across one in an uncleaned lot.
It is based on the 1888 work of one of my heroes, Friedrich Imhoof-Blumer who included about 45 coins in his work about the coins of the Kilbiani (Cilbiani). My English translation has over 100 additional coins, numerous images, an index of reverse types and pdf bookmarks.

It is now on archive.org for free download as a pdf. Other formats (Read Online, Kindle etc.) will be added in time by archive.org. It will also be added to scribd.com but I would like it to remain exclusive to those two websites.

Merry Christmas and I hope you find it useful:
URL corrected:
http://www.catbikes.ch/coinstuff/pdfs/coin_pdfs.htm
PLEASE NOTE: the pdf page is now password protected to stop theft.
Please drop me a line for the username and password.

Offline slokind

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Art is an experimental science
    • An Art Historian's Numismatics Studies
Re: An Xmas gift from Helvetica: The Coinage of Kilbiani (English)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 09:27:55 pm »
Thank you, and best wishes for the Season also to you and yours.
I already downloaded it, and like all your work it is perfect.
I have one or two Cilbiani coins, of which, for your records, if they aren't already in I-Bl / Kurth, I'll post images (from other computer).
Pat L.
••  00 VII 00a  AE2Trajan  Laureate head to r.  N]ER TR    AIANOS SE  Rev.  Tyche with rudder to l.  Legend preserves parts of KILBIANION TON ANO, which Sear GIC lists, p. 603, Cilbiani, in Lydia, where indeed it appears on Map 5.  But he lists no coins of Trajan there under Trajan, nos. 1016-1033 being Lydia.

I, too, on quick perusal of the .pdf found none for Trajan.
This came as part of a lot, more than a decade ago.

Offline helvetica

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Helvetia Libera Deo Gratia
    • ID Help pages + RIC lists + www.wildwinds.com
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 10:04:40 pm »
Hi Pat
Trajan coins are nos. 14-19. Oh, didn't I add his name to the list of bookmarks ? (Darn).
No. 14 is the Tyche type which I found in Lydische Stadtmünzen, no. 3. I will compare the image I found with yours.

I will start collecting additional images such as yours and will probably make a 2nd edition when I have more.
Many thanks for this one !

Offline Tom Mullally

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 10:05:05 pm »
Another excellent I-B reference.  Thanks Dane.

Tom
Tom Mullally

Classical Numismatic Group

All coins are guaranteed for eternity