Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Help ID ancient gold ring with carnelian stone  (Read 2377 times)

Offline moneta_auction

• Consul
Help ID ancient gold ring with carnelian stone
« on: November 27, 2011, 08:52:05 am »
Hi everybody

Can you someone dated this ring - Greece, Roman or Byzantium?
What's mean of the symbols of the stone?
The metal of the ring is not check and I think that the gold is low carat, maybe 10.
Can you tell me someone what is the estimate value of the ring?
3.42 gr, 20/16 mm

Thank you
with best regards

Offline v-drome

• Caesar
Re: Help ID ancient gold ring with carnelian stone
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 05:39:55 am »
I am not expert enough to tell about value or authenticity, but "Mouse on three-legged table" is known from Anit Hamburger's article on Gems From Caesarea Maritima, Atiqot English Series, Vol. VIII, 1968, #165.  Not much is said about the mythology or meaning of the symbols.  This is a very interesting piece.  I am guessing 1st-3rd century CE.  Regards, V-drome

All coins are guaranteed for eternity