Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: ἴς Ἀχελωίου (SNR 101, 2023)  (Read 117 times)

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
ἴς Ἀχελωίου (SNR 101, 2023)
« on: March 25, 2024, 02:26:22 pm »
My most recent essay on greater-Campanian coinages, "ἴς Ἀχελωίου: The 'Sinew' Coinage of Neapolis and its Neighbors, c. 296 to 240 BC":

https://www.academia.edu/116675482/%E1%BC%B4%CF%82_%E1%BC%88%CF%87%CE%B5%CE%BB%CF%89%CE%AF%CE%BF%CF%85_The_Sinew_Coinage_of_Neapolis_and_its_Neighbors_c_296_to_240_BC

Enjoy!

Nick

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: ἴς Ἀχελωίου (SNR 101, 2023)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 09:01:05 pm »
Very interesting. Thanks. I have seen quite a few coins with IΣ but never researched it. I look forward to getting an IΣ coin on consignment and trying to write a short one paragraph comment about it.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
Re: ἴς Ἀχελωίου (SNR 101, 2023)
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 06:20:06 am »
Thanks Joe, I hope you like it.  Please note that the SNR puts the abstract at the end of the article (one in English and one in German).

All coins are guaranteed for eternity