Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Silver hand amulet for ID  (Read 1227 times)

Offline cot b

• Caesar
  • Cot Bajun
Silver hand amulet for ID
« on: October 09, 2011, 02:04:45 am »
As I understand it can be "Fatima hand "? Was foud  on ancient roman village with metalldetector. But why  it is the left hand?

Offline benito

• Deceased Member
  • Caesar
  • quousque tandem abutere Sadigh pecunia nostra
Re: Silver hand amulet for ID
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 05:05:22 am »
I don't think it's Fatima's hand. And what was the finder doing with a metal detector on a Roman village ? Had he the necessary permits ?.

Offline cot b

• Caesar
  • Cot Bajun
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 06:21:09 am »
Any permits/// :P I am a finder with mettaldetector,and the village in realy is not roman,but "cherniahovska cultura"and situated far from the city in the filds. I mean "roman",because roman denars and fibulas also was there.

Offline benito

• Deceased Member
  • Caesar
  • quousque tandem abutere Sadigh pecunia nostra
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 06:53:25 am »
Any permits/// :P I am a finder with mettaldetector,and the village in realy is not roman,but "cherniahovska cultura"and situated far from the city in the filds. I mean "roman",because roman denars and fibulas also was there.

I know the Cherniakhov Culture . I don't know the laws of the modern countries where that culture developped on metal detecting ( I will ask my wife when she returns from Canada)on known sites. Far from the city and in the fields means nothing. One of these days I will go to metal detect around Hadrian's wall. PAS permitting.
I was only asking questions .

Offline cot b

• Caesar
  • Cot Bajun
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 01:47:52 pm »
Any other ideas about the amulet, but not about the metal detecting?  ???

All coins are guaranteed for eternity