Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Maurice Tib. nummus ?  (Read 1333 times)

a

Maurice Tib. nummus ?
« on: January 07, 2004, 01:00:25 pm »
Hi,
 this AE 7mm looks little strange for me: on reverse I see cross with two pellets on the sides, but on reverse instead of emperor's bust, appears something like palm branch. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Explorer

Offline vercingetorix

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • Surrendered at Alesia.Bleah...
Re:Maurice Tib. nummus ?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 03:47:02 pm »
The coins looks to small to be byzantine and the cross on the reverse(?) with whatever on the other side doesn't look byzantine either to me.
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes...

Offline Simon

• Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Tetartera Collector
    • Byzantine Tetartera
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 08:17:17 am »
I agree with V, not Byzantine.  but  ???
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=5633 My main collection of Tetartera. Post reform coinage.

Offline vercingetorix

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • Surrendered at Alesia.Bleah...
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 08:53:36 am »
The answer lays in the representation on the image at the right side. Maybe it is not in the correct position- try making another photo.
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes...

All coins are guaranteed for eternity