Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Would this be celtic spearhead?  (Read 154 times)

Offline Kilian O

• Consul
Would this be celtic spearhead?
« on: September 20, 2023, 07:07:32 pm »
It's about 98mm and I believe it to be a leaf type.

Any experts?  ???

Offline Kamnaskires

• Caesar
Re: Would this be celtic spearhead?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 08:51:35 pm »
For comparison to ancient Iranian arrowheads, late second to early first millennium BC.
Left: From figure 390 in Houshang Mahboubian's Art of Ancient Iran
Center: Fig. 49 from Ezat O. Negahban's Weapons from Marlik
Right: From my gallery...see: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=157228

Offline Kilian O

• Consul
Re: Would this be celtic spearhead?
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2023, 04:03:33 pm »
For comparison to ancient Iranian arrowheads, late second to early first millennium BC.
Left: From figure 390 in Houshang Mahboubian's Art of Ancient Iran
Center: Fig. 49 from Ezat O. Negahban's Weapons from Marlik
Right: From my gallery...see: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=157228

Thanks that does really match well! Someone claimed it to be found in England and had my doubts about that.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity