Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: My work about Vetranio coins  (Read 712 times)

Offline Flav V

• Caesar
My work about Vetranio coins
« on: July 15, 2018, 10:57:41 am »
Dear members, i show you my work about Vetranio.
https://www.all-your-coins.com/en/emperors/romaines/vetranion

You can find many new discoveries that i made.
The stye study, permit to identify some points who appear only for one mint. As the standard top for thessalonica.

RIC always talk about a "spear" for HOC SIGNO VICTOR ERIS type, when everyone describe a scepter. I think that RIC wrote "spear" without looking at the form.
Anyway, i listed the two variants, because there is variant with scepter and variant with spear. That i describe. (If you want to directly go to maiorina, clic on "maiorina on the list on the right of top page).

Heavy miliarense for type VIRTVS EXERCITVM has now a photo. There was no illustration of it before, except on RIC plate whose quality wasnt really good.

A Constantius II portraiture associated to VETRANIO legend who was not mentionned before.

I will make the compete list of mint marks (new discoveries too) The website is open since some days and we just made the mark system so i can upload this now.

If you have interesting coins, you can post it here or send it to me here: https://www.all-your-coins.com/en/contact

All coins are guaranteed for eternity