Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Curious to know if anyone has any thoughts regarding this coin from Corinth  (Read 32 times)

Offline DRVSVS

• Legionary
Agrippa Postumus - Corinth. Except it is 'Cornith' or at least looks that way, unless it is an optical illussion. A search on RPC of 'Corinth SIC' reveals thirty or so types with errors in spelling from this location. Could that explain this mistake or is there a more sinister explanation. It seems odd that such a coin would be forged as I found it misattributed to another description at auction.

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • Meepzorp's Ancient Coins
Hi Dru,

That is interesting. I doubt if it was done intentionally.

I have a few Corinth coins from that time period:

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/meepzorp/rp_corinth_pt01.htm

Meepzorp

Offline DRVSVS

• Legionary
Hi there Meepzorp, thanks for sharing your coins. That Caius and Lucius of yours took my fancy the most. Not a lot of specimens of Agrippa Postumus to compare with. I notice the Augustus RPC 1139 you own looks very similar to issues of Agrippa Postumus, Germanicus and Drusus from Corinth. I can make out the last P and A of Agrippa on my coin. I really hope it is an authentic coin as it would mean I now have portraits of Augustus, Caius, Lucius, Agrippa Postumus, Tiberius, Germanicus, Drusus, Nero Caesar, Drusus Cesar, Germanicus Gemellus, Tiberius Gemellus, Caligula, Claudius, Britannicus and Nero.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity