Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Legion X Flip Over Double Strike  (Read 203 times)

Offline Ken W2

• Consul
Legion X Flip Over Double Strike
« on: December 06, 2023, 10:06:15 pm »

I realize flip over double strikes are not uncommon, but I was psyched to pick up this error coin in my favorite area of collecting— Marc Antony Legionaries. It’s in nice condition and clearly shows the double striking in the dot borders and the flip over is seen by the appearance of the eagle’s head and beak on the galley on the obverse.  In hand, elements of the obversepart of the N in ANT and a die break— can be seen on the reverse. Thanks for looking.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity