Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: A couple more dug Celtic golds.  (Read 1693 times)

Dino - UK

A couple more dug Celtic golds.
« on: March 04, 2006, 12:23:22 pm »
..It's been a while since I've posted so I thought I would show you these beauties.

First a full Gallo Belgic class C stater, struck by the Ambiani in Gaul listed in Spink's Coins of England as no. 5, and in Van Arsdell's Celtic Coinage of Britain as VA 42 - 48.    Weight of 5.70 grams. Shows the disintegrated head of Apollo.

Second a Gallo-Belgic Cd quarter stater, class 2, and weighing 1.6 grams. This is another imported unit into Britain and dates to75BC.

Thirdly, my favourite and best find of 2005 although too early for this section, a striped penannular gold ring money, gold on a bronze core. 19mm x17mm x7mm and weighing 11.9 grams. Dating from 1100 -600 BC.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity