Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Marc Antony denarius  (Read 744 times)

Offline CANTANATRIX

• Consul
Marc Antony denarius
« on: June 23, 2010, 06:26:32 am »
Hi all, its been a while but I finally bought a new coin-this silver denarius of Marc Antony, 3.65g.
Its not in great shape, but it has his portrait and most of his name, with the top of a caduceus visible.
Ive done some searching and although Ive seen a couple of similar coins I havent found a match.

Your help is as always much appreiated, thanks! Andy  :)
"Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever." Aristophanes

"He is a wise man who invented beer." Plato

Offline areich

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
Re: Marc Antony denarius
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 06:58:46 am »
Andreas Reich

Offline CANTANATRIX

• Consul
Re: Marc Antony denarius
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 07:30:11 am »
Thanks so much Andreas! It looks a good mach ^^

Regards, Andy
"Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever." Aristophanes

"He is a wise man who invented beer." Plato

All coins are guaranteed for eternity