Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Unknown Iberian celtic, Roman/greek era? Kantharos style vessel on pediment  (Read 3147 times)

Senator Buns

Quite worn, brass-ish, thin flan, diameter = 26mm

My first celtic? Can't identify this one, the bust on the obverse resembles the Celt-Iberian coins with the 'bust likened to augustus' which may indicate it's from around the founding of the empire, but the presence of the kantharos (atop some kind of pediment / altar) on the back might mean it's from an earlier period? This is all guess work though, I know virtually nothing about these coins, any ideas?  ???

Offline gb29400

• Caesar
  • Your life is what your thoughts make it ! M.Aurel
    • GbCollection
Hi,

I think the coin could be from South France
LONGOSTALETES trib but your picture is not optimal for ID
like LaTour 2369

Guy

All coins are guaranteed for eternity