Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Newbie Requesting Help to Identify A Roman Coin  (Read 151 times)

Offline Norman F

• Legionary
Newbie Requesting Help to Identify A Roman Coin
« on: March 22, 2023, 07:22:28 am »
Hi

I have acquired this 20 mm diameter coin and the only information I have is that is bronze and that it shows the Emperor Valentinian I on the obverse. My initial research suggests that it shows the Emperor diademed, draped and cuirassed.
My problem is that I cannot find any coin that matches the reverse. I think that the standing figure is facing to the left of the coin and that it is holding a labarum in the left hand. I cannot really make out what the shorter figure to the right of the coin depicts although I have noted other coins where the second figure is a prisoner being subject to some form of abuse.

I apologise for the poor quality of the images but I hope they are good enough for you to identify the coin for me.

Thanks

Offline Pekka K

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • ...one coin at a time...
Re: Newbie Requesting Help to Identify A Roman Coin
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 07:37:33 am »
Obverse legend reads: DN CONSTA...

Reverse reads: FEL TEMP REPARATIO

This should point you to right direction.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/numiswiki/view.asp?key=Fel%20Temp%20Reparatio

Pekka K

Offline Norman F

• Legionary
Re: Newbie Requesting Help to Identify A Roman Coin
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 07:50:07 am »
Many thanks Pekka K, I will keep searching.

Norman

All coins are guaranteed for eternity