Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Identify limestone tablet  (Read 711 times)

Offline Nr R

• Auxiliary
Identify limestone tablet
« on: March 17, 2022, 09:57:14 am »
I  picked this up at a very wacky estate sale along with some other Egyptian antiquities.  I am slowly trying to identify the things i acquired.  Here is the 1st.
If someone is kind enough to point me in a direction of how I might find out more about it's history, it would be greatly appreciated.  I am h[/img]aving a really hard time.

This is limestone (mounted) and is about 15inches wide and 12 inches tall.

Thanks a bunch

Offline cicerokid

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: Identify limestone tablet
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 12:41:19 pm »
Assuming it's real the style looks 18th dynasty, the heavy wigs is my qualifying aspect! And worth a good few £1000 at auction
Timeo Danaos afferentem coronas

All coins are guaranteed for eternity