Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Coin ID Help Please  (Read 680 times)

Greg W

Coin ID Help Please
« on: August 06, 2021, 09:47:20 am »
I have another coin I would like help identifying. I have tried searching on this site but being new I'm struggling to find the coin I want to ID. Although fairly clean I can't read the Legends.

This small coin's diameter is  14.1mm
The thickness is 1.5mm
I am not sure of the material the coin is made from
The photograph of the coin's reverse image is not very sharp. But shows two figures standing and facing either side of what looks like a decorated post

Offline BiancasDad

• Caesar
Re: Coin ID Help Please
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 10:27:19 am »
GLORIA EXERCITVS reverse type.

Obverse legend ends in S NOB C which tells us the emperor must be either Constans, Constantius II, or Delmatius.

Clearer pictures might help with the mint.

Greg W

Re: Coin ID Help Please
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 10:58:39 am »
Thank you for the help. Looking at the images on my coin I would say that the emperor is Delmatius. What would the domination of this small coin be?

All coins are guaranteed for eternity