Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Reverse types across denominations  (Read 690 times)

mb9236

Reverse types across denominations
« on: August 30, 2013, 11:32:06 am »
Hey everyone,

I've been interested in the way messages differentiate across denominations for some time now, and want to look a little further into it. To get the ball rolling, would anyone happen to know if we can say aurei (of the first two centuries AD, for instance) commonly displayed reverse types of 'their own', that don't (or don't often...) appear on other denominations?

Bit of a deep question, but I'm hoping your greater knowledge of the coins will come to my aid!

Thanks,

M

All coins are guaranteed for eternity