Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Cornucopia... Or is it?  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Aarmale

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Cornucopia... Or is it?
« on: February 19, 2010, 03:10:40 pm »
When I saw a photo (attached) of a menorah and lulav in a circle, with a shofar (a ritual instrument made from a ram's horn), I remembered the cornucopiae from most reverse sides of Hasmonean prutot.  Could the cornucopia be two shofars?  I know that cornucopiae were used commonly on coins of other nations from that time. Could it be in the cornucopia style, but shofars?  Another issue I have found is that on the top of the cornucopiae, the horn goes out sideways, and there is a point near the top.

Thoughts?

-Aarmale
Gallery: http://tinyurl.com/aarmale
היינו דאמרי אינשי: טבא חדא פילפלתא חריפתא ממלי צנא קרי

All coins are guaranteed for eternity