Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Coins in the name of Alexander  (Read 62 times)

Offline Michael M22

• Legionary
Coins in the name of Alexander
« on: April 20, 2024, 05:47:38 am »
Hi all,

I took these images of some recent purchases hoping that searching would keep me occupied for a two hour train journey but three hours later I'm none the wiser. Any help in identifying would be amazing and appreciated.

I know the small drachm is of Ptolemy I.

I believe the first tetradrachm with the aplustre in the left field may be Corinth mint of Demetrios I.

The second has me stumped - both the monogram and the symbol beneath the throne.

I have a digital copy of Price but I feel like lots of practice is needed with it to become proficient, if anyone has any tips, they would also be appreciated but I know these coins are a huge and complex subject in themselves.

Many thanks in advance!

Offline Michael M22

• Legionary
Re: Coins in the name of Alexander
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 02:51:12 pm »
A friend has had a look, if anyone is curious

Alexander III, Amphipolis mint, lifetime issue
Nikokles of Paphos

All coins are guaranteed for eternity