Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 June!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 June!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Identification help - Egyptian bronze with Ibis figure  (Read 96 times)

Offline Dan J

• Auxiliary
Identification help - Egyptian bronze with Ibis figure
« on: May 05, 2024, 12:00:53 pm »
Hello: Trying to help a friend ID a coin he inherited and gain some knowledge for myself along the way. Is was in an accumulation of most US coins that was inherited.  The coin weights 20.01 grams, thickness 6.66 mm, diameter between 21.50-23.48 mm, and appears to be bronze.  Thank you. Dan

Offline Jan P

• Caesar
Re: Identification help - Egyptian bronze with Ibis figure
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2024, 04:13:48 am »
Ibis figure ? Where ?
To my opinion your coin has the thickness, the seize and the weight of an Indian Dam.

Offline Dan J

• Auxiliary
Re: Identification help - Egyptian bronze with Ibis figure
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2024, 08:49:03 am »
Jan P: Thank you for the reply. In the top image the shape in the lower left quad suggests (to me) an ibis neck and bill.  I'll take a dive into Indian Dam coinage. All leads greatly appreciated. Dan

All coins are guaranteed for eternity