Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Tetrarchy in Alexandria  (Read 811 times)

Offline rennrad12020

• Caesar
Tetrarchy in Alexandria
« on: March 22, 2020, 11:50:09 am »
I started collecting potin tetradrachms issued by Diocletian and other members of the Tetrarchy a couple of years ago. For reference materials I started with Milne and Curtis.These two were augmented by the Hunterian collection of greek coins which was already in my library in reprint form.
    Afterwards I read the excellent thread in Books and references by iwanwi and subsequently picked up BMC, Dattari(reprint), Vogt, Emmett, SNG Hunterian (had to have it for the images) and Zoega.  Someday I'll probably also purchase Mionnet's corresponding volume.

This series is inexpensive and a lot of fun to collect.  I'm almost at the stage where my collection is as big as the Hunterian, but not quite.  Dattari's collection is so complete I'm always astonished if one cannot find every variant within it.  I hope others will enjoy this gallery as much as I enjoy collecting these coins!

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=7191

JPW

All coins are guaranteed for eternity