Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Please call if you have questions 252-646-1958. Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: Hungarian Coin Inscription Help Needed! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hungarian Coin Inscription Help Needed!  (Read 1128 times)
dpaul7
Consul

Acta est fabula, plaudite!

« on: November 08, 2007, 05:37:34 pm »

Hi!

Can anyone tell me what the inscription should read on the coin below?  (Janos Hunuyadi, Husz. 620).

dpaul7

Age. Fac ut gaudeam.
Aliena nobis, nostra plus aliis placent
http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=17252
Cibalia
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 11:13:56 am »

Ob: +TEMPORE dot IO dot GVBERnATO(R)
Rev:MOnETA dot REGnI dot VnGARIE
That's Husz. 620
I can't see IO though.
dpaul7
Consul

Acta est fabula, plaudite!

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 12:27:24 pm »

Thanks Cibalia!

Regarding your Islamic coin:  Looks Ottoman to me... check my gallery, I believe I have a similar issue there!

dpaul7

Age. Fac ut gaudeam.
Aliena nobis, nostra plus aliis placent
http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=17252
reebeezlee
Legionary

Pecunia non olet

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 06:03:52 am »

Nice specimen Smiley
Stkp
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 10:47:41 am »

Welcome back, dpaul7, where have you been?

That coin appears both with and without the IO. Here is one of mine without the IO:
http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-66497

Yours is a very nicely struck coin for the type, made of better grade silver than many as well.

Stkp

Stkp
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 10:50:36 am »

Welcome back, dpaul7, where have you been?

I should pay closer attention. I hadn't realized that reebeezlee was commenting on and resurrecting an 11 year old post. Stkp

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: Hungarian Coin Inscription Help Needed! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop