Classical Numismatics Discussion Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2014, 12:17:02 pm
Search Calendar Login Register

Recent Additions to Forum's Shop

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Museum Collections and Exhibitions (Moderator: museumguy)  |  Topic: Lost and Found: The Secrets of Archimedes at the Walters Art Gallery 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lost and Found: The Secrets of Archimedes at the Walters Art Gallery  (Read 521 times)
museumguy
IMPERATOR
Consul

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.

« on: October 18, 2011, 06:34:12 am »

Fascinating new exhibit at the Walters Art Gallery in Baltimore, Maryland (aka Charm City).  It will feature the Archimedes Palimpsest!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/arts/bs-ae-archimedes-palimpsest-20111014,0,2472083,full.story

Steve S.
mix_val
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 09:46:59 am »

Well worth a read.  Thanks!

Bob Crutchley
My gallery of the coins of Severus Alexander and his family
http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=16147
slokind
Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

Art is an experimental science

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 01:01:47 pm »

Thank you!  Once again, something at the Walters (in addition to the wonderful character of the city) makes me wish I lived in Baltimore.
Pat L.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Museum Collections and Exhibitions (Moderator: museumguy)  |  Topic: Lost and Found: The Secrets of Archimedes at the Walters Art Gallery « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop