Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. Put your mouse on a coin in the RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS to see the the price. Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. Put your mouse on a coin in the RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS to see the the price. Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register.

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Museum Collections and Exhibitions (Moderator: museumguy)  |  Topic: Lost and Found: The Secrets of Archimedes at the Walters Art Gallery 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lost and Found: The Secrets of Archimedes at the Walters Art Gallery  (Read 597 times)
museumguy
IMPERATOR
Consul

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.

« on: October 18, 2011, 06:34:12 am »

Fascinating new exhibit at the Walters Art Gallery in Baltimore, Maryland (aka Charm City).  It will feature the Archimedes Palimpsest!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/arts/bs-ae-archimedes-palimpsest-20111014,0,2472083,full.story

Steve S.
mix_val
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 09:46:59 am »

Well worth a read.  Thanks!

Bob Crutchley
My gallery of the coins of Severus Alexander and his family
http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=16147
slokind
Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

Art is an experimental science

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 01:01:47 pm »

Thank you!  Once again, something at the Walters (in addition to the wonderful character of the city) makes me wish I lived in Baltimore.
Pat L.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Museum Collections and Exhibitions (Moderator: museumguy)  |  Topic: Lost and Found: The Secrets of Archimedes at the Walters Art Gallery « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop