Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Post a pic of you  (Read 133060 times)

Offline Ecgþeow

• Consul
    • my gallery
Re: Post a pic of you
« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2005, 05:59:27 pm »
ok. finally, I have decided to show you my picture!  ;D

This is me at an excavation this summer in Israel, at Gat, the most powerful of the five Philistine cities.  If you look to the lower right, there is one of my bigger finds, a small Iron II A juglet, completely intact  8).  After this picture, I found another one sitting next to it. 

~Zach

AncientCoins

« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2005, 09:01:21 pm »
nice!  so, howd you get to dig at an excavation site in israel?

andrew

Offline Ecgþeow

• Consul
    • my gallery
« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2005, 09:07:57 pm »
I've got connections.  8)

No, just kiding.  My grandmother's friend (an egyptologist) suggested that I go on a dig with him, but the US state department wouldn't let me, because I was under 17 and without a gaurdian.  So I ended up finding one on line (dig-gath.org) and applying.  This was one of the few that allowed 16 and up, as opposed to 18 and up.    So I was there for three weeks doing archaeology! It was awesome.  I highly recomend this one, it is very "volunteer" oriented.  (I put it in quotes because my friend described it as very much like the whitewashing scene in Tom Sawyer, because you have to pay to do it).

~Zach

Mark Farrell

« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2005, 09:29:18 pm »
Kelly -- thankfully you realized in time that a visit to the big apple requires paying homage at Yankee Stadium vs. that silly, pathetic place out on the island -- shea stadium (caps not warranted).   ;D

Zach -- Oh, man, you've got to tell more about that time at the dig in Israel.... Maybe under the Archaeology board?

Mark

Offline Kelly

• Consul
  • Too many coins, not enough time.
« Reply #154 on: November 25, 2005, 05:12:15 pm »
Thought I would bump this topic up to the top.
Kelly

Offline wolfgang336

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Aut Caesar Aut Nullus
« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2005, 11:33:03 pm »
Might as well update my pic... me on a Cadet field exercise with some of my webbing in the wilds of British Columbia, and another in Alberta.

Evan

Offline Ecgþeow

• Consul
    • my gallery
« Reply #156 on: January 01, 2006, 10:42:36 pm »
Alright, I've finally learned how to use iPhoto!

Here's me a few days ago, posing for a picture to send for the Brown application...

Offline slokind

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Art is an experimental science
    • An Art Historian's Numismatics Studies
« Reply #157 on: January 02, 2006, 02:36:45 am »
Very nice!  Do you have one of the cameras on which you can turn the monitor around so that you can look to frame your own photo?  Or have you an iMac G5 allowing you to photograph yourself sending yourself an e-mail?   Pat L.

Offline Ecgþeow

• Consul
    • my gallery
« Reply #158 on: January 02, 2006, 03:15:24 am »
no... that would be nice.  I meant I never knew how to downsize the picture from 900 KB to under 250.  But finally I learned.   :)  I had someone else take my picture. 
I love Macs, but it was just this particular thing that I could never figure out. 

William J Bligh

« Reply #159 on: January 06, 2006, 12:39:30 pm »
Well here's a bit of a fun one - Here's my new set of legionary armor (minus the helmet, sword and caligae). It made a great Halloween costume, and I completed the look by drinking limoncello from a non-Roman era glass mug.
Sorry for the darkness of the picture - It was taken indoors and without a flash. But I ain't putting that armor back on just for a picture - it's harder to get in and out of than you might think! ;)

Nico Creces

« Reply #160 on: January 06, 2006, 04:33:40 pm »
Since it's a long time ago that I posted a pic:
here is one of my wife and daughter this summer on holiday in Croatia.

Nico

Offline bpmurphy

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #161 on: January 07, 2006, 10:44:26 pm »
I wish people would quit posting pictures of themselves and post more pictures of their wives. How 'bout it sseverus?

Although I see Pat like's the guy pictures. I guess you can keep posting th guy pictures for Pat (and Curtis who took an interest in basemetal's picture). Just messing with you Curtis.

Barry Murphy

Offline slokind

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Art is an experimental science
    • An Art Historian's Numismatics Studies
« Reply #162 on: January 08, 2006, 12:56:13 am »
OK, Barry, here's my boy.  Somewhere I have the photo a Viennese photographer took of me, kneeling, while I was taking this picture.  Basemetal's light on the shoulders did greatly remind me of him.  If I can find that photo, I promise I'll post it.  Unhappily, Michelangelo only saw the Belvedere torso and the Laocoon, much inferior works; he would have loved this one, which, I cannot prove but strongly suspect, was made for one of the kings of Pergamon.  That time.  More or less that region, too, though the artists had long traveled widely.  From where I was kneeling masked only by a Nikon, the picture is pretty funny.  Pat L.

Offline wolfgang336

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Aut Caesar Aut Nullus
« Reply #163 on: January 08, 2006, 01:34:39 am »
Alright, I've finally learned how to use iPhoto!

Here's me a few days ago, posing for a picture to send for the Brown application...

By "Brown Application" I assume you mean University? Why would a university require a picture?

Although I see Pat like's the guy pictures. I guess you can keep posting th guy pictures for Pat (and Curtis who took an interest in basemetal's picture). Just messing with you Curtis.

Barry Murphy

lol! I don't think we've seen a picture of you yet Barry!

Evan

oerlikon20mm

« Reply #164 on: January 08, 2006, 02:30:42 am »
I've seen Barry.  He's a young guy (mid to late 30's I'd guess).  I pegged him to be much older from his knowledge base. 

He did call me a "Perv" accusing me of purchasing my CTG barb because of the explicit exergue!  and now this?  He wants to see all of our wives?   PERV!!!!!!!!

Gunner   :tongue:

Offline ecoli

• Caesar
  • Every coin is sacred, every coin is great.
« Reply #165 on: January 08, 2006, 02:58:17 am »
I read the first sentence of your post and then saw the picture... ;D

Nico Creces

« Reply #166 on: January 08, 2006, 06:33:11 am »
This one is espescially for Barry:
another pic of my wife.
Btw Barry, can I now have discount in the future when I buy some coins of yours? :tongue:

Nico

Massanutten

« Reply #167 on: January 08, 2006, 09:09:02 am »
   She's a little hairy, but what the heck.....to each his own!

Xargos

« Reply #168 on: January 08, 2006, 12:28:20 pm »
Hey this is me :)

Offline Jochen

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Omnes vulnerant, ultima necat.
« Reply #169 on: January 08, 2006, 01:26:59 pm »
What an effort only to take a pic of a coin!

Massanutten

« Reply #170 on: January 08, 2006, 03:14:23 pm »
  Poor?  You look pretty rich to me!!  Congratulations!  When is the new little coin collector due?

Offline ecoli

• Caesar
« Reply #171 on: January 08, 2006, 03:29:40 pm »
Thanks!

The boy is due in March...A little nervous about the whole thing but hope I can manage not to faint in the delivery room. :)

Offline Ecgþeow

• Consul
    • my gallery
« Reply #172 on: January 08, 2006, 03:33:17 pm »
Evan -- yeah, the university, and for some reason, they require a picture...it's the only one I'm applying to that does that.  Maybe they only admit good looking people so they can make a good impression when people visit...  :tongue:

Well, after all these pictures, it looks like there is some hope for coin collectors after all!  ;D

Offline Rupert

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #173 on: January 08, 2006, 03:47:18 pm »
Thanks!

The boy is due in March...A little nervous about the whole thing but hope I can manage not to faint in the delivery room. :)

Ecoli, don't bother, the midwives will be used to fainting fathers-to-be ;), and it's such an overwhelming experience that it's not a shame to faint IMHO. I didn't faint at the birth of my three boys, but after my eldest son was born, I cried with relief and happiness like I think I never did in my life.

This is me with the boys last summer.

Rupert
Ducunt volentem fata, nolentem trahunt.

Offline ecoli

• Caesar
« Reply #174 on: January 08, 2006, 05:30:05 pm »
You have wonderful boys Rupert...

Do you allow them to handle your coins? ;)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity