Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Valentinian II, Theodosius I, and Honorius fakes again  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Hydatius

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • I love this forum!
Valentinian II, Theodosius I, and Honorius fakes again
« on: September 05, 2007, 08:32:05 am »
eBay seller lucarositobia2007 has set a new record by selling the well-known fake solidi of Valentinian II, Theodosius I, and Honorius all at the same time!  He has been informed.  I'm late for work and will post photos later.

RIchard
Non tam praeclarum est scire Latine quam turpe nescire.

Offline Hydatius

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • I love this forum!
Re: Valentinian II, Theodosius I, and Honorius fakes again
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 03:08:12 pm »
Response from lucarositobia2007
-------------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately for you and for someonelsef the three solidi am selling they are absolutely genuine,because i digging it for mysel in underground,and in 36 year experience of collecting coins i'll tell you for sure that they are the best can obtain in the trade market.Anyway thanks for your tip and if you wish to buy it please be confident as ama very serious seller,my trade business name is -POMPEIANTIQUES and my adress is 37 derrell road tq4 5pb paignton devon.Thanks

Well, at least he didn't get them from his grandfather...

Richard

Offline Hydatius

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • I love this forum!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 03:32:04 pm »
Here are the coins. You'll notice that these are exactly the same photos that were used to sell these (or similar) coins on eBay in August (the same seller, too; see my post in the "fake sellers" thread right at the top).  The August coins were sold.

Offline Hydatius

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • I love this forum!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 03:32:59 pm »
Here's the last.  I won't bother filing new reports, I'll just add them to my previous reports.

Offline Hydatius

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • I love this forum!
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 04:54:07 pm »
Response from lucarositobia2007
-------------------------------------------------------
Hi again,i answer your previous message because i thought you was worry about my reputation or maybe you was interested on buyng one of it,if you believe or not my answer that is you proplem,and i think is a rude to replay in this way because you don't know me at all,so if you don't believe i realy don't care because if you are not interested on my item and please give me a brake,my time worth a lot more of wath you think,and if you like to waist peoples time please tried to be involve yourself in politics.

Offline mix_val

• Caesar
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 05:27:39 pm »
Nice of him to give us his trade name "POMPEIANTIQUES "  :laugh:  Another addition to the fake sellers list (its not registered on ebay)?
Bob Crutchley
My gallery of the coins of Severus Alexander and his family
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=16147

Offline Hydatius

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • I love this forum!
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 05:52:45 pm »
He sells under the name lucarositobia2007.  And I was trying to protect his reputation!  Pointless now, though.

Richard

All coins are guaranteed for eternity