Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: RPC website search engine - again  (Read 5525 times)

Offline Altamura

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: RPC website search engine - again
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2019, 12:05:50 pm »
... The web application was developed by me during my free time (weekends and holidays). ...
Oh, I didn't know that, you haven't mentioned it.

… I welcome your suggestion, but – believe it or not – at the end of the day, that’s my decision...
For sure, I just wondered why you didn't say anything about my suggestion.

Regards

Altamura

Offline helvetica

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Helvetia Libera Deo Gratia
    • ID Help pages + RIC lists + www.wildwinds.com
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2019, 01:43:38 pm »
There appears to be a source abbreviation missing from the Bibliography list. The letter G on its own.
It is given e.g. for coin 15722 (temporary)  as G: III, 481, no. 545 . Is it Glasgow ? Giessen ?

What would also be great would be drop-down lists for some of the options along the top, similar to the ones I made for wildwinds. They are so simple to do - even I manage to do them using html. That would save a lot of clicks and searching around.

e.g.

Search
  Simple Search
  Advanced Search

Volumes
  I
  II
  III
  IV  etc

Information
  Introduction
  Bibliography
  Submit a new type
  etc

Project
  Volumes
  Directors
  Advisory Board
  Authors
  Development
  Conventions
  Terms of Access

Offline Jerome M

• Procurator Monetae
  • Praetorian
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2019, 04:30:16 pm »
>>There appears to be a source abbreviation missing from the Bibliography list. The letter G on its own.
>>It is given e.g. for coin 15722 (temporary)  as G: III, 481, no. 545 . Is it Glasgow ? Giessen ?
So you mean https://rpc.ashmus.ox.ac.uk/coins/4/15722
Well, click on Show at the end of the line, and then: oh! : "Glasgow, Hunterian Museum"! Clear enough.

>>What would also be great would be drop-down lists for some of the options along the top, similar to the ones I made for wildwinds. They are so simple to do - even I manage to do them using html. That would save a lot of clicks and searching around.
Well.... see my previous post.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity