Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Nouvel Atlas des Monnaies Gauloises  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Kernos

• Procurator Monetae
  • Praetorian
  • oro ergo sum
    • Kernunnos.com: Celtic and Roman coins for sale
Nouvel Atlas des Monnaies Gauloises
« on: October 13, 2006, 12:52:00 pm »
I just received volume II of Nouvel Atlas des Monnaies Gauloises: II de la Seine à la Loire moyenne by Louis-Pol Delestré and Marcel Tache ISBN 2951836422.

I received my copy from Chris Rudd Books. I found a new copy of vol I on http://bookfinder.com which has yet to arrive. Volume II came with a slip case for both volumes.

My initial impression if that this will become indispensable for those interested in Gallic Celtic coins. It has full De La Tour concordances and perhaps the best color plates of coins, I have seen. It will take me some time to truly evaluate it.

Others who have this book, what are your impressions?

Bill Blank
Bill Blank
http://kernunnos.com (Celtic studies and numismatics)

Offline frederic

• Consul
Re: Nouvel Atlas des Monnaies Gauloises
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 03:03:30 pm »
Hi, I am interresting by this atlas. Could you describe this atlas? For information the volume III: La celtique, du jura et des alpes à la facade atlantique is published.

best regards

fred

All coins are guaranteed for eternity