Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: My Gallery Photo Replacements  (Read 1347 times)

Offline nogoodnicksleft

• Consul
My Gallery Photo Replacements
« on: July 31, 2014, 06:55:16 pm »
Is it possible to replace the photographs of coins in our galleries without deleting the existing entry? my photographic skills are improving and I would like replace some of the current poorer ones.

Offline Adrian W

• Caesar
    • Cape Coral Real Estate FL
Re: My Gallery Photo Replacements
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 07:10:58 pm »
good question I have often wondered the same look forwards to see what the answer is
Highest Rated Zillow agent in the County

Offline Andrew McCabe

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My website on Roman Republican Coins and Books, with 2000 coins arranged per Crawford
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 02:42:21 am »

Oh boy, you might want to read this thread....
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?topic=90224.msg561461#msg561461

"Oh boy" is very well said. I'm not even sure there's an emoticon to express the feeling. That was one marathon of a thread. Wouldn't want it repeated and I'm glad you linked to it so quickly. The short summary of answers given by the prior thread is "No".

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 04:28:43 am »
Should be fairly simple to copy all the text of your entries into a word doc, then delete the entries, re-create them with the new image, and paste the text back in.

A few more steps than simply changing the image would have been but no need to actually re-type the entries.

Or am I wrong?  I have never tried it myself.

Shawn
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline nogoodnicksleft

• Consul
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 06:02:11 am »
ok thanks for the link for the other thread. I suppose I'm guilty of checking my gallery a bit too regularly to see how many views or comments, some ego issue that needs working on:)

Offline Nemonater

• Caesar
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 12:18:54 am »
I think this topic has been raised enough that, at some point, perhaps this function could be added? I'm not a programmer so I have no idea what this would entail.  I would rephotograph several in my gallery if it ever does happen.

Nemo

Offline *Alex

• Tribunus Plebis 2022
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Etiam Iovis omnibus placere non possunt.
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 09:27:06 am »
I think this topic has been raised enough that, at some point, perhaps this function could be added? I'm not a programmer so I have no idea what this would entail.  I would rephotograph several in my gallery if it ever does happen.

Nemo

The problem lies with FORVM's "off the shelf" software unfortunately.

*Alex

All coins are guaranteed for eternity