Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Webmasters (Moderator: Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: Doug Smith ancients.info site 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Doug Smith ancients.info site  (Read 6763 times)
dougsmit
Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

« on: February 25, 2013, 06:50:00 am »

The plug has been pulled on my old website which was located on space provided by ancients.info.  A couple years ago, I announced the move of my site to space provided here at Forvm:
http://www.forumancientcoins.com/dougsmith/

and have not updated the ancients.info since that time.  All of the old pages beginning with my 1997 Geocities site are now on Forvm so the only loss here is that old links will now be dead.  I suggested when the Forvm move was made that it would be good to change links. 

This move was driven by a new requirement by ancients.info to add their ad links to very one of my internal pages which I considered too much work for a site I had abandoned and was not updating.  Recently they have been sending me daily notices that I am exceeding bandwidth limits but they do not reply to my inquiries on the subject.  I thank Joe and the Forvm team for giving me a new home and hope anyone who has a link to any of my old addresses will update them to the only current one:

http://www.forumancientcoins.com/dougsmith/

Thanks,
Doug

Victor C
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 07:13:29 am »

Recently they have been sending me daily notices that I am exceeding bandwidth limits but they do not reply to my inquiries on the subject. 

It is an automated message (from Ariel). I have been getting them also, even though I switched hosting months ago.

Victor Clark

LRBC Forum
Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 06:28:58 am »

Thanks Doug for allowing us to host your site. 

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Matt Inglima
Caesar

Quid, me anxius sum?

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 03:35:28 pm »

Words can't describe how invaluable Doug Smith's site was to me when I first started collecting ancients back in 1998.  The knowledge he shared truly opened up the ancient world to me, it would have been tragic if it was no longer available.  It seems fitting now that it has found a new home at the Forvm 

Thumbs Up 

carthago
Caesar

Nervos belli, pecuniam

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 03:46:48 pm »

I learned about photographing ancients on his page several years ago.  Good stuff and thanks for sharing.

Lucas C
Auxiliary

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 10:24:38 am »

I was just on your site and read that you are interested in coins that are magnetic and if anyone had one to write you. Something about meteorites... I am not sure how to send a message on here so I found this thread, so hopefully you see this on here.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Webmasters (Moderator: Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: Doug Smith ancients.info site « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop