Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: New Topic- Flavian  (Read 61262 times)

Offline Lucas H

• Caesar
    • My Gallery
New Topic- Flavian
« on: October 30, 2012, 09:47:11 am »
As the Flavian dynasty is at the heart of my collection, I thought I'd try to start an article on the same.  I tried to cover many of the themes in the Flavian coinage including Judaea Capta, defining a dynasty, my favorite- the Eastern mint denarii with varied control marks, the monetary reform of Domitian, Domitian's Minerva reverses, and other themes. The scope of the topic was more overwhelming than I thought. 

Thanks to David Atherton for his experience and expertise in the Flavina area which is surpassed by none that I know.  Also thanks to Aarmale for his editing skills.  Finally, thanks to Joe- as always, he spends about as much time editing my articles as I spent writing them. 

Please help to edit and expand this article for all to enjoy. 

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/numiswiki/view.asp?key=Flavian

Offline Nemonater

• Caesar
Re: New Topic- Flavian
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 10:02:39 am »
Wow! Great work.

Offline ancientdave

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 07:57:35 pm »
A fine article, and an enjoyable read that will no doubt be helpful to many!

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 09:01:03 pm »
Wow Lucas! Great job.  I've been wanting to do this for Antony's legionary series but the undertaking is huge.  Great workHope you got some Forum bucks!  ;D

Offline Lucas H

• Caesar
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 11:55:08 am »
I've been wanting to do this for Antony's legionary series but the undertaking is huge.

This undertaking seemed huge as well.  I worked on it, off and on, for months!  It was a labor of love however, and I had lots of input and help.  You need to jump on it for Antony's legionary coins.  There is lots of interest in that. 

Hope you got some Forum bucks

And yes.  Didn't you see my recent Forum Flavians in my gallery?

Offline Aarmale

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 02:31:12 pm »
Good job on this fantastic and informative page!  You really covered a lot of ground!
Gallery: http://tinyurl.com/aarmale
היינו דאמרי אינשי: טבא חדא פילפלתא חריפתא ממלי צנא קרי

Offline Lucas H

• Caesar
    • My Gallery
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 02:43:37 pm »
Good job on this fantastic and informative page!  You really covered a lot of ground!

Well, thank you for all the helpful editing on it!  I couldn't have done it without you.

Offline Steve E

• Caesar
  • My favorite Forvm purchase, so far!
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 04:37:45 pm »
A well written and enjoyable article! Thanks!

~Steve

All coins are guaranteed for eternity