Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Discussion of the ACCG and the State Department and Maria Kouroupas  (Read 1965 times)

Offline Slye

• Legionary
Although I collected coins as a young person then stepped away from it, I have recently began collecting again, this time with an interest in ancient coins. I have a small collection, and have been doing many image searches and history searches to help me identify my coins better on my own.

But to the point of this point, in my searches I have found discussions about Wayne Sayles, the ACCG, the State Department and Maria Kouroupas that seem to lead me to believe that the buying, selling, and trade of ancient coins may be in jeapordy of tighter restrictions in the near future.

I thought I'd ask fellow members their opinions and feelings about what's going on, but I didn't really see a particular discussion that would fall into this category of a "general discussion".

Just curious on your feelings about these topics pertaining to collecting being discussed in this forum, and if there was a place for them.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: Discussion of the ACCG and the State Department and Maria Kouroupas
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 08:17:50 am »
There is no place for this discussion here.  If of our members have opinions on this topic they should discuss them on other Forums where people who want to restrict collecting gather. There our members can add value to the debate by sharing the collector's perspective. 
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

All coins are guaranteed for eternity