Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: My first uploads  (Read 925 times)

Offline Steff V

• Praetorian
My first uploads
« on: January 06, 2012, 10:31:36 am »
I just uploaded three coins !

2 in a private album and  in the "unlisted" public album. If someone knows something more about the unlisted one, please let me know :)
All three coins are of the same type :)

Album: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=30853

Is it allowed to upload one picture in 2 albums ?

Offline Jaimelai

• Caesar
Re: My first uploads
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 10:04:19 pm »
Good start!  I also just started my own gallery for coins of Alexander.  I'm sure you can upload the same coin to two different albums if you want,  though you may have to upload the photo twice.

Offline Steff V

• Praetorian
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 03:58:48 am »
Good start!  I also just started my own gallery for coins of Alexander.  I'm sure you can upload the same coin to two different albums if you want,  though you may have to upload the photo twice.

Thank you :)

Is it possible that on this coin:    https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-45890    it is nor a rose nor a grain ear but a shield of Thebe? I haven't seen it yet on other bronze coins but I believe I've seen it on silver coins of Alexander!

Offline Jaimelai

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 11:08:21 pm »
I took another look at my coin and I don't see a shield.  Looks mostly like a rose to me, but that doesn't really fit with anything I found in Price, though there are roses on Medusa and caduceus boss shield coins.  I'll have to look around some more to see if I can find something that might be a closer match.

edit:  And I see that your coin also has a nice rose on it - I'll have to take another look at the two.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity