Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Resources  |  The Best of Type Gallery (Moderators: *Alex, Dino)  |  Topic: HOW TO LINK TO A COIN. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HOW TO LINK TO A COIN.  (Read 3386 times)
*Alex
Procurator Caesaris
IMPERATOR
Caesar

Etiam Iovis omnibus placere non possunt.

« on: August 26, 2011, 10:09:52 am »

Going through the BOT gallery threads recently I realised that several members were unaware of how to accurately link to their coin. Since I am not sure that it has been clearly explained anywhere else, I thought I might try and clarify things here.

The browser bar links do not stay stable, if you copy and paste a browser bar link to your coin, as soon as somebody else adds a coin to the gallery the browser bar link is redirected somewhere else. i.e. It will no longer link to your coin, it will link to someone else's coin.

You have to use the URL which you will find in the file information of your uploads as shown in the yellow highlighted area of the example below. This URL will always link to the coin displayed in the upload. You should use this URL any time you are trying to link to a particular coin, whether it is in your own or in any of the other galleries.

I hope that this might be of some benefit, especially to new members.

*Alex.

Legatus
Consul

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 06:21:14 am »

Alex,
     Although this was explained to me last week, your explanation clears everything up for me.  Is there a way to link to an album in your gallery?  Thanks

JW (Legatus)

http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=30485

"The evil that men do lives after them; The good is oft interred with their bones"
areich
Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 07:17:02 am »

Instead of clicking on the album in question in your gallery, right click on that link and choose 'copy link address' or similar.
This link you can then paste here.

Potator II
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Error communis facit jus

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 09:31:22 am »

I hope that this might be of some benefit, especially to new members.

Not just new members. Trying to explain this to various members on the french forums is my everyday job. I will now link to this thread.

JC

Legatus
Consul

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 05:59:19 pm »

Insted of clicking on the album in question in your gallery, right click on that link and choose 'copy link address' or similar.
This link you can then paste here.

Easy as pie.  Thanks

Legatus

http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=30485

"The evil that men do lives after them; The good is oft interred with their bones"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Resources  |  The Best of Type Gallery (Moderators: *Alex, Dino)  |  Topic: HOW TO LINK TO A COIN. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop