Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Suspicious Perseus  (Read 571 times)

Ilya_VK

Suspicious Perseus
« on: May 14, 2011, 02:21:28 pm »
Really do not like the style of this coin, which experts say?
[LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN]

Offline Akropolis

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Akropolis Ancient Coins
Re: Suspicious Perseus
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 03:14:49 pm »
Fake, IMHO.
PeteB

Offline 9meno23

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 03:23:43 pm »

Offline mihali84

• Caesar
    • My gallery
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 03:27:39 am »
The style is actually right on for the type.  A quick search yielded dozens of examples with the same style, and some being a possible obverse die match to this coin.  I would like to hear why some think it is a fake, or why they are so quick to deem it one.  The weight is also right in line with other authentic examples. 
A man's character is his fate- Heraclitus
My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=23798

Ilya_VK

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 11:14:39 am »
I do not like how the bristles are made and a cut eye in Perseus. Where have you seen a proper stubble going on around her throat? And the eagle live separately from the coin... Details of the coin unclear in the high points of the relief. Does not smell ancient coin, shorter. ::)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity