Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: HEAR YE......HEAR YE....  (Read 1406 times)

Offline benito

• Deceased Member
  • Caesar
  • quousque tandem abutere Sadigh pecunia nostra
HEAR YE......HEAR YE....
« on: February 12, 2011, 08:35:00 am »
YE, who can't enjoy the organics of touching,handling,or even kissing your coins ( the worst for wear) for different reasons. Trays in a Bank .Belong to your wife
who was awarded them in your divorce,Etc..etc....
Download your photos (or dealer photos) in your gallery.
Print.
Prepare a nice cover. For example pic 1.
Prepare some plates. For example pic 2.
Put everything in a folder.
When your collection is finished. Bind.
This is IMHO the cheapest method.

Offline Rich Beale

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Nec Aspera Terrent
    • ROMA NUMISMATICS
Re: HEAR YE......HEAR YE....
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 09:07:38 am »
Stunning...I particularly like the Augustus portrait on the tetradrachm.

Offline slokind

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Art is an experimental science
    • An Art Historian's Numismatics Studies
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 04:06:25 am »
And then there's Google (and you can print as a book if you want.  Picasa albums.  I just committed the images of my Philippopolis Ares types to an Album and a Blog essay.  Included data and acquisition dates (handy nowadays) and camera data to show that the images are my own.
https://picasaweb.google.com/slokind/STUDYTheAresBorgheseType# for the albume
http://teegeeoperanobilia.blogspot.com/2011/02/ares-borghese-and-philippopolis.html for the blog post,
and Google has already picked up my key words for the works involved in the essay.
20 gigabytes of storage is only $5 per annum, and up to 1 gigabyte is FREE.
Pat L.
P.S. I have checked and corrected (updating to the 2nd, English, edition) the references to Varbanov; there is still no real numismatic monograph for Philippopolis.  One convenience of Google is the ease with which amendments can be made. 13 Feb 11.

Offline Bud Stewart

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 08:21:22 am »
Trays in a Bank .Belong to your wife who was awarded them in your divorce,Etc..etc....

That’s a Heart Breaker Benito.  Your collection is (was) outstanding.  I truly hope you can re-acquire them some day.  But in the meanwhile, are you rebuilding your collection?

Offline benito

• Deceased Member
  • Caesar
  • quousque tandem abutere Sadigh pecunia nostra
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 09:15:53 am »
Quote from: Bud Stewart on February 13, 2011, 08:21:22 am
Trays in a Bank .Belong to your wife who was awarded them in your divorce,Etc..etc....

That’s a Heart Breaker Benito.  Your collection is (was) outstanding.  I truly hope you can re-acquire them some day.  But in the meanwhile, are you rebuilding your collection?
The first part (to be separated from your monetae) is heartbreaking  :'( :'( :'(. . The second was only one of the possibilities of loosing a collection. Not in my case ,happily married ( with some numismatic discussions certainly) for forty years. Ergo ,no need to rebuild my collection. Only adding some bits and pieces.
The last one,still in the post ( see pic).No OTD but a nice Aemilian. Soon you will see others. Roman Republic mainly.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity