Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Keeping details of your coins with them.  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Philoromaos

• Caesar
  • NVNC EST BIBENDVM
Keeping details of your coins with them.
« on: January 13, 2010, 04:39:28 pm »
The main objection I have heard to storing coins in trays within a case is that you can't keep details of the coin with it as you can do with flips. I came up with a solution to this which I have employed. If you have a forum gallery you can open a folder and then print it off, this then has images of your coins and their details too. I just keep the printed off sheets in the case with my coin trays. If you show your coins to anyone they can pick up a coin and look for it on the print off's and then read the details for the coin Quite a simple solution IMHO. Regards Adrian

Offline Enodia

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: Keeping details of your coins with them.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 05:15:01 pm »
or simply use trays which accomodate the flips.

~ Peter

Offline dougsmit

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek & Roman Coins
Re: Keeping details of your coins with them.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 09:35:22 pm »
The main objection I have heard to storing coins in trays within a case is that you can't keep details of the coin with it as you can do with flips.

I just create a tag with my collection catalog number and slip it under the coin or in the adjacent compartment.  The number allows looking up details in my collection book or pulling up the picture on the computer. 

All coins are guaranteed for eternity