Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Glass lid display cases  (Read 3796 times)

Offline Philoromaos

• Caesar
  • NVNC EST BIBENDVM
Glass lid display cases
« on: November 15, 2009, 04:56:17 pm »
Does anyone know where to find wooden coin display cases with glass lids, so you can view your coins without having to leave it open and attract cat hair and dust and other such nastys? I can't seem to find any, even on ebay!

Offline Randygeki(h2)

• Caesar
  • :D
    • My gallery
Re: Glass lid display cases
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 09:29:01 pm »
amazon has some for jewelry and you could probably cut out a velvet trey to fit in it

Offline cmcdon0923

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 11:18:07 pm »
From another thread on display methods....click on the NUMISMATIC SUPPLIES link....

http://www.albertozecchi.it/home_eng.html

Offline Philoromaos

• Caesar
  • NVNC EST BIBENDVM
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 03:10:28 pm »
Many thanks, I've book marked the page. Cheers

Offline dougsmit

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek & Roman Coins
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 08:41:54 pm »
I knew I saw this somewhere.  It was on Forum.
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?topic=57657.0
Note they also sell separately trays that fit the cases.  I have not seen one in person. 

Offline cliff_marsland

• Caesar
    • My gallery
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 08:50:15 pm »
They exist.  My dad bought me a small glass lid one (covering maybe 12 or 15 coins.) when I was a teenager. However, it was from the local, defunct, coin shop.  I don't think it has a maker's mark.

The same dealer was also kind enough to give me a few felt dealer's trays around the same time.  I use them for my junk box coins, using one of the trays flipped over as a dust lid.

I use flips on all my other coins, preferably like the ones Forum uses.

Flipping an empty tray bottoms-up would be an easy,  low-tech solution to the problem.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity