Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: American Recorder SIB-101CS Photo Studio-in-a-Box  (Read 1300 times)

Offline Dino

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Quaestor
  • Caesar
  • Anyone have change for a hemidrachm?
    • My Gallery
American Recorder SIB-101CS Photo Studio-in-a-Box
« on: July 29, 2009, 08:07:13 pm »
Got one for $40 at a Ritz Camera that was going out of business (regularly $80).  It's a photo light box, camera stand and two lights in a folding carry case.  Stand is a little flimsy for an slr because the arm is thin so it shakes when you release the shutter.  Works fine when I put the camera on 10 sec. timer though.

Here's a link to Amazon, where it is also sold:

http://www.amazon.com/American-Recorder-SIB-101CS-Photo-Studio-in-a-Box/dp/B0009E3UUY

Here's a pic of the set up.

Pic of Alexander tet to follow.

Offline Dino

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Quaestor
  • Caesar
  • Anyone have change for a hemidrachm?
    • My Gallery
Re: American Recorder SIB-101CS Photo Studio-in-a-Box
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 08:10:16 pm »
OK, first attempt at shooting a coin with the light box and with a Canon Rebel XS I also just picked up (click on coin for slightly larger version).  Picture of same Alexander tet from a couple of years ago also attached for comparison.

I think I need to use something other than the gray cloth background that comes with the studio.  Maybe gray paper.  Or maybe I can elevate the coin on a small piece of glass so that the cloth is out of focus.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity