Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Coin Photography, Conservation and Storage  |  Topic: Digital Microscope for Photos? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Digital Microscope for Photos?  (Read 1089 times)
Serial_Zappist
« on: February 10, 2009, 10:44:45 pm »

Im looking to get one of these.
Does anyone have a similar model to one of these and can show a picture of a coin that they took? Or know which model would be the best for cleaning and photography?
It seems like something i would love to use for cleaning also.
But if im gonna spend that kind of money on something i would like to see some feedback from anyone that has one of them.
It should be everything that i need if it takes pictures and allows me to watch what im cleaning on T.V. (plug to computer then plug computer into tv).  Smiley

the model im looking at is the   Dino-Lite Pro AM413TL  (<--copy and paste it in google)
Anyone played around with them?

leetoone
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Yorkshire, England

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 03:33:17 pm »

One thing to look out for is that most models will not allow a photo or image of the whole coin at once. They are too powerful and will just pick up part of a coin unless it is a very small one. Otherwise they look like a fun piece of kit for examining coins really closely, just no good for coin photgraphy generally.

Lee

Johnny
Conservator Princeps, Comitia Curiata
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 05:01:34 pm »

as far as cleaning goes,  I don't hink you need any more magnification than 30X

My current scope has 5X - 10 X 15X and 30 X,  and nis fantastic for cleaning   and seeing small details

For the Scopes that display on the screen,  I was looking at those too,  but  was worried about the lag between the scope and screen,  I would have had to have a dedicated comp for the one I was looking at. or be faced with massive upgrades.

Make sure the 2  ( scope and screen ) will display in real time with no lag . I think it would be incredibly frustrating ,  especially during the cleaning, to have lag

here are a few post that might help

http://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?topic=41868.0

http://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?topic=49719.0

hope this helps

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Coin Photography, Conservation and Storage  |  Topic: Digital Microscope for Photos? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop