Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Using extension tubes for greater magnification  (Read 1395 times)

Offline moonmoth

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • What I Like About Ancient Coins
Using extension tubes for greater magnification
« on: April 04, 2008, 02:24:19 pm »
I have made up a page on the use of extension tubes.  I hope it is helpful .. All comments welcome!

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/moonmoth/photo_coins02b.html

As always, my thanks to Joe for hosting my site.

Bill
"... A form of twisted symbolical bedsock ... the true purpose of which, as they realised at first glance, would never (alas) be revealed to mankind."

Offline slokind

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Art is an experimental science
    • An Art Historian's Numismatics Studies
Re: Using extension tubes for greater magnification
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 05:16:28 pm »
I had K rings (set of five) for my Nikon F and F2 cameras.  What is to be avoided is any inferior glass anywhere between the camera and the coin (or anything else).  Great work, as usual.  Pat L.

Offline moonmoth

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • What I Like About Ancient Coins
Re: Using extension tubes for greater magnification
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 06:51:19 pm »
Thank you, Pat. I have added a note about that, and clarified that I am not referring to teleconverters, which are optical systems.

Bill
"... A form of twisted symbolical bedsock ... the true purpose of which, as they realised at first glance, would never (alas) be revealed to mankind."

All coins are guaranteed for eternity