Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Canon EOS-10D  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Run

• Consul
  • Horrible Speller & Slug King
Canon EOS-10D
« on: February 24, 2008, 03:35:41 pm »
I am looking at both the 10D and the 300 Canons. Does anyone own one of these cameras and can point me to what one is the better to use for this hobby. I know nothing about cameras so even the most mundane replies would help. Also what lenses would be best. I was looking at Doug Smiths rig thinking I would duplicate that setup.

Will

Offline Jerome Holderman

• Caesar
  • My name is Jerome, and I am a coinaholic!
Re: Canon EOS-10D
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 07:47:23 pm »
I have the Canon Digital Rebel XT, I think it is the same one Doug has? Or very similar at least. There has been quite a learning curve compared to my old point and shoot, but as I get more comfortable with it, I am feeling more and more that it was a good choice.
I only have the 18-55 mm lens that came with it, I want to get the 100mm Macro, but after the cost of the camera that will wait a little while...  :'(

Regards,
Jerome

Offline maridvnvm

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re: Canon EOS-10D
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 04:48:12 am »
I have a Canon Eos 350D (the same thing as the Rebel but with different branding outside the USA). I migrated to this from a traditional Canon SLR but still had a slight learning curve. My results are acceptable to my eyes but I am always looking to improve.
I found that a good lighting setup to be as important as the choice of camera. I seem to be battling against one or the other (camera vs lighting) and often losing to both.
I am either going for the 100mm Macro or the EF-S 60mm Macro in the next month or so. It will all depend if I can stop myself spending on coins to be able to buy the lens.
Regards,
Martin

All coins are guaranteed for eternity