Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Cataloging and Accounting  (Read 1415 times)

Offline lv88

• Consul
    • Armenian Numismatic Page
Cataloging and Accounting
« on: November 05, 2007, 08:28:09 pm »
I want to ask fellow collectors - at what point do we keep accounting records of our collection? At what size or value? 100 coins, 2o0?

If so, what are the most effective methods, which will include what I paid, from where and images of the coin in a personal database.

Sincerely,
Levon

Offline Run

• Consul
  • Horrible Speller & Slug King
Re: Cataloging and Accounting
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 11:54:03 pm »
As to value thats up to you after all 1 coin might cost as much as a 100 of mine.  As to how to store them I recomend numus software sold right here on the forum.  There are info sheets you can print on each coin for insurance and general info.  You can store what you paid market value name of the dealer as well as pictures and all attribution info.  That just scratches the surface. well worth the $ 90.00 bucks

Offline rasiel

• Procurator Monetae
  • Praetorian
  • I love this forum!
Re: Cataloging and Accounting
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 01:56:26 am »
i would say there is no cutoff. if you think it's time to manage your collection just do it. there are a bunch of software applications on the market that help you do this from the free to the big bucks, from simple solutions (an excel spreadsheet) to fully dedicated databases. the earlier you start the easier it is to get a hold of what you spent, when, from whom, etc.

i would invite you to try http://www.tantaluscoins.com/index.php which allows you to start cataloguing your collection within a couple of minutes. as the project lead i'm committed to making it the most sophisticated ancient coin software available regardless of which area(s) you specialize in.

ras

All coins are guaranteed for eternity