Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Hanukkah Sameach! Tell them you want a coin from FORVM for Hanukkah!!!! Internet challenged? We are happy to take your order over the phone 252-646-1958. Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas!!! Tell them you want a coin from FORVM for Christmas!!!! Internet challenged? We are happy to take your order over the phone 252-646-1958.

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Webmasters (Moderator: Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: Architectural reverses 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Architectural reverses  (Read 1630 times)
PLINIUS
Caesar

« on: May 18, 2007, 03:01:09 pm »

There is an interesting new section in the Lorenzo Bassi’ website. It’s about the architectural reverses in roman coinage. There is an introduction written by Marvin Tameanko. The following pages are in italian. There are a lot of photos of really wonderful coins. I think it can be useful also for non italian readers. Another section of the same website deals with the chemical/mineralogical aspects of the copper/orichalcum patina. Interesting to know, for exemple, that a green sestertii are covered of  a pretious capsula of malachite.

www.moneteantiche.org

cheers
Plinius

...et iam summa procul villarum culmina fumant, maioresque cadunt altis de montibus umbrae.
slokind
Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

Art is an experimental science

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 06:09:43 pm »

This does indeed seem to be a highly superior website.  Not only are the images good and the fonts legible, the bibilography given for the buildings is adequate.  Pat L.
*Alex
Procurator Caesaris
Quaestor
Caesar

Etiam Iovis omnibus placere non possunt.

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 04:48:06 pm »

Even though my Italian is virtually non-existant I could understand enough to get by and I thoroughly enjoyed browsing this site.

Alex.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Webmasters (Moderator: Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: Architectural reverses « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop